Yay! I’ve gotten through a week of torture… and now it’s about to get more torturous.
I’ve been prescribed Seroquex for my insomnia and anxiety. The main side affect is drowsiness. When I read this I wanted to cry! If you’ve read my past blog posts, you’ll know why; Whole30 has had me falling asleep constantly since I’ve started. Yesterday was not the most appropriate day to start taking it. I was asleep most of the day after getting back from town. As soon as i woke up, it was time to take the new coma pills. So i basically missed most of the day. *sadface*
After a nice 12 hours sleep (and a horrible nightmare), I got up. I would say woke up, but…. You know that feeling when you’re in a deep sleep and woken up, and you need to get back to bed? Well, I’ve been feeling like that all day. It’s not pretty! Even with 12 hours sleep I’m feeling like this. Its not right.
I only managed one meal yesterday since I slept for the day. I made a beautiful Keema (Indian minced lamb dish). Though I didn’t use a specific recipe, just my own creation. Instead of making mine with lamb though, I made mine a bit less indian with beef. I feel so guilty eating a baby animal. It was beautiful by the way, and I’m making it again tomorrow.
Today I drank Maca powder straight. Oh God it was vile. I tried adding pepper, then curry. I didn’t finish it in the end, but I did try. I also must confess that I haven’t been an angel when it comes to Nakd Bars… Sugar is REALLY hard to give up. Also, I’ve had the urge to binge in difficult situations but I didn’t. GO ME!! I’m fighting one as we speak.
This week has been anxiety packed though. I have an overwhelming feeling that people don’t like me, and I don’t fully understand why. I guess that’s what I’ve been like all my life. It never gets easier. And I’m worrying that Shane’s sick of me too as he’s been extra irritated by little things lately.
…or maybe I’m just overly sensitive, and personalizing as usual.
Stupid brain needs to stop bullying me.
I guess I should probably share my keema recipe with you. Bear in mind, I didn’t measure my spices, so just go with what tastes right! The combination of beef steak mince & curry was like something from a dream
Charlene’s (Less Than) Indian Paleo Keema
Serves: 2-4 depending on appetite
- Cauliflour (fresh or frozen, as much as you want)
- 500g Beef Steak Mince
- 400g can Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g can Coconut Milk (optional but yummy)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 cardamoms (crushed)
- Mushrooms (as many as you want)
- Curry Powder (I used mild)
- ground ginger
- Garam Masala
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan until melted.
- Add garlic cloves and ginger to the pan and heat until fragrant. (you can also add onions if you like).
- Add mince and fry on a medium heat until browned.
- Put heat on high.
- Add spices.
- Add mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms look edible, add the chopped tomatoes and coconut milk.
- Simmer uncovered on a low heat (my highest heat is 6 so I reduced it to 2) for 40 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Boil/Steam cauliflour (you can also rice it but I was too lazy).
- Check on your curry. If it looks too soupy at this stage, leave it for another while and it should thicken and cling to the mince.
- Serve and try not to die of happiness.